Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Little of This-N-That



Hi!  Hope everyone had a good day today!!  I thought I would share a couple of things with you this evening, before I forget to.  I’ve been procrastinating on a few things, and updating my blog is one of them.

First, I’d like to share with everyone a picture of the most recent charity project.  It’s Project 9 with Craft Hope.  This project was to make and/or decorate pillowcases that will go to Conkerr Cancer; a nonprofit who distributes the pillowcases to terminally ill children throughout the country.  Visit both websites for information and details, please. 
I didn’t want to sew the pillowcases, so I bought them at Walmart and embellished them instead.  I quickly sewed little pouches and embellished them. Then I used Velcro to for the closure, and Velcro to adhere it to the pillowcase.  I wanted the kids to have a little secret area they could put things like money, and when they go to open up the pouch for themselves, they will find 2 crocheted small hearts – just to let them know they are loved!!

DSC02409 (Medium)

These tomatoes are from my garden.  There are Big Boy, Roma, and cherry in the colander.  I’m going to take my friend Kathy’s advice and chop these up, blanch and freeze them.  That way, I can use them for salsa when I’m ready to make a batch. We haven’t had a taste for it lately, so this is a great way to save for when we do want some!!

DSC02417 (Medium) DSC02418 (Medium)

These are pictures from yesterday. I had Grandma by myself yesterday, so I thought I would take some pictures of her with her cat and my dog begging for food!! Her cat’s name is Rocky, and is part minx and bobcat.  He has orange eyes.  He’s really a pretty cool cat, but is a little dangerous at times. He is so fast that when he runs past us, he gets under our feet and scares us. I worry that he’s going to scare grandma by darting around so quickly and make her trip and fall one of these days. (By the way, she is wearing the headphones I bought her. She’s so hard of hearing that we can’t take how loud she sets the volume, so this way, we/I don’t have to listen to it!!!!)

DSC02419 (Medium) DSC02420 (Medium) DSC02425 (Medium)

Have a great night!!  See ya soon!

Pin It

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE THE LITTLE POUCHES ON THE PILLOWCASES. THE LITTLE HEARTS GAVE ME A WARM FEELING ALL OVER. I CAN JUST SEE THE KIDS LOOKING INSIDE AND FINDING THE LITTLE HEARTS.
ENJOY THE TOMATOES.
LOVE GRANDMA, FRANKIE AND ROCKY. LOVE YOU AND MOM TO.

Nancy said...

How clever to add the pouches to the cases! The kids are going to love them.

Ooooh, I'd love to have a colander filled with tomatoes. They would not last long enough to prepare for salsa, as I love to eat them like apples. This time of year, I usually have sores on the inside of my mouth from eating too many.

Love the photos of your Grandmother and her "begging" cat.

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my fellow bloggers, friends, and family. If you do not want to leave a comment here, please feel free to email me at melisas-place@roadrunner.com.