Sunday, May 31, 2009

Show and Tell



Hi Everyone! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!


It was really nice today, but I wasn’t able to work in the yard because I had a few projects to finish.  The first one is this thrift store stool that I bought for grandma; to put her feet up on in the family room.  I almost forgot to take the “before” picture, but luckily I had my cell phone with me, which has a camera.  Just look at this sad-looking piece of furniture! Poor thing!

0527091337

Transformation in motion:
0527091418  Two coats of paint and one coat of polyurethane.
I fashioned three pillow supports from the denim scraps and embellished them with silver eyelets.
  The pillow-top is made out of a piece of dense foam wrapped in batting, then I sewed a denim cover.
  Viola!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This bench is my grandfather’s memorial bench.  I can’t remember who gave it to grandma as a memorial gift.  Anyhow, the slats were replaced by my brother, but they were unfinished so I sanded and brushed on two coats of polyurethane to protect the wood.
DSC01606  
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday:  After I made a dent in the flower loot that we picked up on Wednesday, this is what is left.  Most of it are flowers for the pots on the deck, two rose bushes for my rose garden, and the rest are veggies plants to be planted tomorrow (Sunday) I hope! 
 
Thanks for letting me share my latest projects!  Are there any projects you’re working on?
signature5-20-09

Pin It

1 comment:

Kathy said...

MY YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY LATLEY. LOVE THE FOOT STOOL. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU. HOPE WORK COMES YOUR WAY SOON.

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my fellow bloggers, friends, and family. If you do not want to leave a comment here, please feel free to email me at melisas-place@roadrunner.com.