Saturday, May 16, 2009

Farrah’s Story – The most meaningful and relevant piece of television I have ever watched!



“Such a shockingly sad day.  Three words that I never ever thought possible that I would hear; malignant, tumor, anal.” 

“Cancer is a disease that is mysterious, headstrong, and makes its own rules; and mine to this date is incurable.”

“So I say to God, because it is after all in his hands, “It is seriously time for a miracle.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have never seen a more open, honest, and heartbreaking documentation of human despair, hope, love, anger, dignity, courage, and devotion.  A magnificent display of a souls will to go on.

I thank Farrah for allowing the camera to follow her through her cancer journey.  I had bone cancer in my left hip, and it was a difficult and painful time. I could never imagine filming and allowing the world to see my raw emotions and pain. 

Farrah is undeniably a blessed soul.

signature5-20-09

Pin It

1 comment:

Mrs. Shields said...

i saw this last night as well and was moved to tears, especially when she shaved her hair off. she became transfigured at that point - stunning in the rawness.

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my fellow bloggers, friends, and family. If you do not want to leave a comment here, please feel free to email me at melisas-place@roadrunner.com.