Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Simple Woman’s Daybook



For Monday, April 27, 2009
 simple-woman-daybook-large
Outside my window... Rain.  Softly falling rain making me sleepy.
I am thinking... That I need to update my blog buddies on what’s been going on since the last time I posted.
I am thankful for... My laptop so I can post from bed tonight.
From the kitchen... Not much new lately.
I am wearing... A white cotton night shirt and my sheets. 
I am creating... I just finished refashioning a skirt I bought at the thrift store – really pretty. I’ll post a picture of it tomorrow.  I also hemmed three pairs of new jeans that I got on sale at Kohl’s for $13.99 each. I can never find my short length in the cute stuff, so I have to buy regulars and hem them.
I am going... To get my mammogram tomorrow (Wednesday). I’ve been getting them since I was in my 20’s because of a family history of breast cancer. 
I am reading... Nothing right now. I’ve been watching Hercule Poirot Mysteries on DVD that I get from the library or through Netflix.
I am hoping... That I get to visit with an old friend of mine in May. We’ll see.
I am hearing... The woosh of lukewarm air coming up through the vent.  We had to turn the furnace on tonight, as it dropped down to 44 degrees.
Around the house... There was a mess at the dining room table from my sewing projects,etc.; but I cleaned up tonight, finally.
One of my favorite things... To have my clothes looking neat and ironed.  Do I like to iron?  No!  Do I like the result?  Yes!
A few plans for the rest of the week:  Not much going on.  Haven’t been feeling up to par for a few days, so I’m taking it day-by-day. I think my thyroid is the cause – either that – or my hormones.  Ahhh, the joys of hot flashes!  NOT! (and, yes, I know I am starting the change of life early. So did my mom and her mom too.)
Here is picture thought I am sharing...  A picture of one of my rose plants from 2006.

DSC00272

~If you would like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook (each Monday), you can visit The Simple Woman's blog here.

Pin It

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I've got the opposite problem with slacks: they are nearly always too short. It is difficult to find Tall slacks in the stores here! :o( Not much of a solution for pants that are too short.

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my fellow bloggers, friends, and family. If you do not want to leave a comment here, please feel free to email me at melisas-place@roadrunner.com.