Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Two-Week Update (updated 4-1-09)



ETA: Pics are up! (4-1-09 9:21pm)

Hi Everyone! I have quite a few things to share with ya'll. I have been really stretching my wings these past two weekends. As you already know, I have anxiety and panic disorder and most of the time it is very difficult for me to go to places where I've never been before or to places where there is going to be a lot of people and noise. Well, I went out Saturday, March 21st to a night club to celebrate my best friends birthday! I don't get to dress up that often and I enjoy wearing my night club clothes, but it always seems to be that we women sacrafice style for comfort with shoes. Yikes! My feet hurt by the time I left that night. We danced and had a really nice time, until I started getting panicky. Too many people and the music was too loud, so I left. Unfortunately, I couldn't calm myself down so I had to take Xanax when I got home. Other than that, it was nice to go out!
Here is a picture of me and Denise from that night (with Debbie and Libby.)


Then, we planned a bachelorette party for our girlfriend Laura at Denise's house, and that was this past Saturday night. I made a yummy cake (recipe will be in another post), chocolate chip and toffee cookies, and deviled eggs. I also made the 25 treat bags/favors. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it!

That night, we had a special suprise for Laura.... a "toy" party! OMG! We had a great time. This was our second one and we laughed just as hard this time!

So far, the past couple of weeks have been a great start to Spring. I am really looking forward to getting my garden started. I think by the first week in May it will be safe to plant my starters in the ground.
Anyhow, hope you all are doing well! If you get an extra minute, check out my E-bay for the items I'm selling (see links in the right hand column.)
signature1-24-09 copy
P.S. My birthday is in 7 days (April 7th) - 44 years old.... OMG!
Pin It

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You certainly have been busy. Glad to hear that you had a good time with your friends.

Happy Birthday (I'll probably forget to tell you that on the 7th). Do you have any special plans to celebrate?

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my fellow bloggers, friends, and family. If you do not want to leave a comment here, please feel free to email me at melisas-place@roadrunner.com.