Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook




Outside my window... A beautiful starry night; a bit nippy, but brilliant!


I am thinking... About selling my laptop to buy a mini laptop from Dell.

I am thankful for... The companionship that my puppy Frankie gives me. I don't get lonely very often, but I was this weekend.

From the kitchen... I am tossing around the idea of using up everything in the freezers and pantry before ever going major food shopping again. Of course we'll need to go for milk, bread, eggs, etc. In fact! i have made an executive decision! There will be no major food shopping until everything else is used up!

I am wearing... PJ's

I am creating... Another lapghan for charity. The wool felting projects are done and there are plenty of scraps for another project....just not sure what that will be yet. I put the scraps away for next fall and winter crafting.

I am going... To the thrift store tomorrow! Yeah! I'm going to look for a nice spring top to make me cheery.

I am reading... Still Hercule Poroit.

I am hoping... The job offer that I have been waiting for has not come through....yet. Meanwhile, I did get some extra work for this week.

I am hearing... Quiet!

Around the house... I have to carpet clean one day this week. Mom spilled a large glass of cranberry juice on the tan-colored carpeting in the family room. (Bummer!) We got most of the stain out, but it could use one more scrubbing.

One of my favorite things... Sit in the yard with a fire going and the neighbors visiting. (Occasionly cocktails are involved.)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Best friend's birthday is Wednesday. We will be celebrating on the 28th. My ex's birthday is also Wednesday and will send an e-card. I think I will make homemade pots out of newspaper for starting my seeds in. I also need to ask my Dad if he has any extra or leftover chicken wire for my vegetable beds.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... My Dad posing with one of the costumed horses at a show in 2005. He will be 74 years old this year and still looks so handsome!


Pin It

1 comment:

Mrs. Shields said...

inspiring post - using the pantry items up is a great idea, and aren't those mini laptops the cutest??? your dad is most handsome and what a beautiful horse and costume - amazing! our furbabies are a blessing, and frankie is a doll!

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my fellow bloggers, friends, and family. If you do not want to leave a comment here, please feel free to email me at melisas-place@roadrunner.com.