Monday, March 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window... It's pretty windy, rain, gloomy, and 42*

I am thinking... About my friends who are going through a very difficult time. One is going through a divorce and had to get a restraining order against the husband. The other friend is having one bad situation after another happening for him.

I am thankful for... The part time job I have. Hoping to go full time soon.

From the kitchen... My friend Kelly gave me her bread machine since she hasn'tt used it for over 2 years. So vey sweet!

I am wearing... Jammies - nothing special.

I am creating... I've been working on 2 lapghan's and a wool felting project. I'm really happy with the results. I'll post pics when I'm done.

I am going... To stay in bed for the day. Not feeling very well.

I am reading... Another Hercule Poirot mystery. I love when David Suchet is the narrator. (He is my favorite actor.)

I am hoping... That I get some rest today.

I am hearing... The wind whipping around.

Around the house... There is still a crafty mess on the dining room table. Also, we are all a little couped up from a long winter and now from nonstop rain and gloominess, so both mom and grandma are getting on each others nerves. It's tough being the peace keeper sometimes.

One of my favorite things... A warm bubble bath to soothe my aching arthritis.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish up the wool felting projects and get the dining room table cleared off! Pray that I hear something about work. Look into taking a few courses to upgrade my skills.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Isn't my mom beautiful!!!



Pin It

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I hope you can get the rest you need today and start to feel better.

Bri Schaaf said...

Happy Resting! Enjoy the moments of calm! What a wonderful picture of your mother. Just love it!

Paula said...

Yes your mom is beautiful...

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my fellow bloggers, friends, and family. If you do not want to leave a comment here, please feel free to email me at melisas-place@roadrunner.com.