As promised, here is my quiche recipe. If any of you try it, please leave me a comment or email me to let me know how it turned out!
Light and Fluffy Vegetable Quiche
Serving Size: 6
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ package (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (substitute broccoli if you want)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (or less)
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 2 - (9 inch) unbaked pie shell (if using deep pie shell, use only one and there will be a little bit of egg mixture left over)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and milk until smooth. Whisk in eggs. Whisk in salt and pepper.
- For each pie, make a layer of spinach, cheese, tomatoes, and onion in pie shell (making several layers of each veggie).
- Pour egg mixture on top of vegetable layers.
- Cover quiche with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 to 15 minutes more, or until top is golden brown and filling is set.
TIP: Line a cookie sheet with foil to be put underneath pies to catch drippings.
Original recipe adapted from: AllRecipes.comPin It