Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's All In the Timing



Morning Everyone! I know.... it's too early to talk so loud. Sorry!

For some reason, I took a nap yesterday and woke up 12 hours later. Guess I was pretty tired.

There are a few things I would like to address this morning. Some serious, some not-so serious.

I have some sad news to share. You know the guy that I met a little while ago? Well, we're not dating anymore. He is a fantastic person, but the timing was off for both of us. It really is sad because he really has some great qualities that attracted me to him. Unfortunately, he is still dealing with the fall out of a recent divorce and is not settled emotionally or physically from that. I wish that I could remain friends with him, but I can't. I know that if every time I were to see him, his smile would melt me and I would always want "more." (if you know what I mean!) While "friends with benefits" sounds nice, I really would like to start a relationship with someone that is comfortable with having me as a priority in their life. I miss talking to him and I miss his handsome face, but it's time to let go and move on. Although, he did make a promise to me that he didn't keep. (If you are reading this by chance...... don't worry.... I'm not holding you to it! hahahahahaha)

I want to find someone who is ready to experience the All of Me! (Oh yah... and Frankie!) It sure would have been nice to have someone to share the holiday spirit with. (Although I am lucky ~ I do have my Sweet Frankie!!)

But, as my grandma Scott used to say, "Wish in one hand and shit in the other; see which one you get first." Not so subtle, but effective!

Speaking of 'timing'...... The time has come to quit my job. I have been extremely dissatisfied for a while now. I don't want to go into the nitty gritty of it all, but suffice to say, it's time to find new employment. I have to make a choice as to whether to find a position with a company as an employee or continue to be an independent contractor. I'll keep you updated on what I find.

There are a lot of changes going on in my life again. I have a cycle of every two years to where many things in and around my life change whether I want them to or not. Sometimes I like it.... and sometimes I don't. Like right now for instance; I don't feel I have the energy to be starting a new job or new career. Yet, I will summons the energy from somewhere though. I have to. I cannot go any longer without an income! (Anyone who has won the lottery wish to split it with me?)

I guess that's about it for this morning. It's so quiet around here. The snow has stopped for now and I don't hear anymore snowplows or salt trucks. I wish you could have seen how beautiful the falling snow has been in my neighborhood for the last couple of days. So peaceful and calming. Postcard-like scenes. If I get a chance the next time it starts snowing, I'll take some pictures and/or video and post it for those of you who live in the warmer climates.

Meanwhile, thanks for sharing your time with me and I will be back again soon!


ETA (EDITED TO ADD): I made a sympathy card for my friend Kelly. Love you Kel! I'm here if you need me.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from my fellow bloggers, friends, and family. If you do not want to leave a comment here, please feel free to email me at melisas-place@roadrunner.com.